Sunday, December 7, 2008

Apology/Rating System Thingy/Nanowrimo

Sheesh. Sorry about not updating in a while. Lots of things going on- the end of fall band season, school, other random stuff.
So I've realized that I should probably use a rating system, seeing as that's what almost every critic in the history of criticism has done. So I think I'll use stars. Because, you know, stars are really original. So... here's perple's fabulous star system:
(I'll just write out the number because knowing me, I'd probably have six stars or negative one or something. Math isn't exactly my strong point.)

5 stars- This book is amazing. Spectacular. Jaw-droppingly splendiforous. Read a five star book and you will feel completed.

4 stars- Pretty good. Not perfect, but what is? It's a book that's great and definitely recommended.

3 stars- Okay. Alright. Decent. A book that has its fair share of flaws but still readable. A three star book would be easily forgettable.

2 stars- Bad. Maybe a book that was given as a gift or for free that was read and never picked up again, left to lie under my bed with that mysterious moldy thing...

1 star- The complete opposite of a five star. This is jaw-droppingly horrific. The kind of book that you might like to burn. Thankfully, there won't be too many like that. I'll avoid reviewing these, but if I must...

So there's my gorgeous reviewing system. I'll use it at the end of reviews. Expect some numbers not to make sense- giving a book a 3 and eleventy-six quarters of a star. Like I said, math is not my strong point.

My last thing is to anyone who won NaNoWriMo (Me!) congrats! I personally procrastinated until the second week of November. I finished (at a really low word count) though.

Alright, that's it. I'll probably have a review posted tonight, if I finish my English paper by tonight or tomorrow if I don't. Go to go! The moldy thing under my bed is moving again!

No comments: